This was a photo-shoot with a good friend of mine, Lam Anne. She’s a awesome model that brings that energy that makes you want to take pictures. Good company, good talks, good vibes.
Set-Up: Nikon D7000, 17-55mm f2.8
Post Process: B&W, I gave it more contrast, corrected the exposure, vignette, & a bit of sharpness / clarity.
This photo set up was at a bridge with nice white lights.
set up: D7000, Nikon sb-800, vivitar 285, two stands (front and back light)
Post Process: sharpen, enhanced colors a big, increased shadows.
Nice place to take pictures. It was at the end of “magic hour,” but the sun was able to add good back light that reflected of her orange hair.
Set up: D7000
Post Process: enhanced sharpness, added a blue/ orange tint and fade.
Post Process: enhanced saturation, curves, gradient on the sky.
This was Samya’s Senior Portrait. She was really fun to work with and as far as complications, there was really no particular obstacle that stood out in this shoot.
One thing to always keep in mind is to always have props. It always makes the picture a bit more interesting. In this case I used a small Roman stool and it made the pictures that much more interesting. Also when you have props it gives an opportunity to come up with more poses for the subject you shoot for.
set up: I used a white backdrop and two high powered Camulet strobe lights with umbrellas; Cross-lighting as well, one placed up about two feet higher than the subject, and another placed about as tall as our subject. If you notice in the pictures, shes either standing or sitting down so the positioning of the lights fluctuate. All pictures were shot with a D90 Nikon.
Post Process: First I “upped” the contrast, added a bit of clarity, vignette, some gaussian blur, lets blur, and enhanced a bit of ambient light.
Portrait of Charlene. During this shoot, we literally walked up the hill. I didn’t want to carry all the equipment with me, so I decided to just have one strobe light with me and used commander mode on my camera; meaning the light off my camera was in sync and able to trigger my flashgun.
Set Up: Nikon D90, sturdy tripod, and one sb-800.
Post Process: Charlene’s portraits came out really nice, I figured it didn’t need much editing. I just added some simple touch ups on the face and a little bit of gaussian blur. The last thing I added was a bit of clarity, and a bit of HDR.